Thursday, August 1, 2013

Races, Rappers, and Reunions!

(First of all I apologize to those who follow me on Instagram...all repeat pics. Boo me)

Last week was a big, busy and exhausting week for me.  It started July 20th...Saturday.  I left Dodge at 9am and would not return until about 4pm 8 days later.

I hitched a ride with my good ol cuz Jess to the airport in Wichita, where we high tailed it to Chicago to meet up with both of my sisters and her high school friend Brandt.  (PS, SW Airlines coming to Wichita is pretty damn convenient if you ask me!)  The rest of Saturday consisted of me having to pump and dump several times in public restrooms (boo), a super quick visit to a race expo, and a peanut eating frenzy at Brandt's super swanky Chicago pad!!

Sunday started at 4:40 in the AM.  GROSS!!! This momma had to get up to pump before waking the other two sisters to head off to the race starting line.  Bre and Sadie were the sane sisters, and signed up for the mini marathon (5K).  I may of may not have had a major freak out in good ol corral 13.  Sure did cry... I was so nervous and to be completely honest, did NOT want to run 13.1 miles.  I had NOT properly trained for it.  The furthest I'd ran since having Declan was 7 miles. Plus I was tired...and it was humid.... and every other excuse you can think of.  But I paid damn good money, and i wasn't about to chicken out (thought crossed my mind a billion times though!).  So i did the damn thing.  And it SUCKED....but a good sucked.  And that is why i'm signed up for two more this year.  Damn running endorphins get me every time.


I wasn't super mad about my finish time either.  I was prepared for it to be longer then my first RnR Chicago time (from two years ago) mainly because of the lack of training and the whole just have had a baby 4 months ago thing... but surprisingly I beat that old time by 1 full minute!!! I'll take it!!  So now my goal for the race in September is to TRAIN....and to beat my old time by 5 minutes.  We'll see how that goes!

The rest of Sunday consisted of all $24 all you can drink mimosa's/bloody's, and breakfast.  It was the perfect after race celebration!! Then a nap had to happen of course.  And then dinner...and then bed by like 10.  We're wild :)

Monday:   Lots of FaceTime with my cutey (damn i missed that kid) and shopping for a concert outfit.  Why is shopping for something that you need that night so hard?  If i had gone shopping and NOT needed anything, i would have found a billion awesome items...but nope, the second i need something can't find anything.  Sigh.  Anywho...then it was off to see our dear friends Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z.


Um.  All i have to say about this concert is. Hells ya.  Those two sure as shit know how to throw a party.  It was by far the BEST concert I've been to.  It was in Soldier Field (Chicago Cubs play there) and it was a packed house.  I may have drank too much (shocking)...and wore the worst shoes possible for the million mile trek home.  Therefore, i still have blisters almost two weeks later....I'm a smart cookie.

Tuesday morning Jess and I flew back into Wichita, where my mom and D-man met me!!! I was SO excited to see my little guy....  he was so excited to see me as well....so excited he crashed immediately :)


We headed up to KC, where I had a training Wednesday and Thursday.  We may have over packed.


Mom and Dec did a lot of shopping during the day while i was in training...but we got in as much snuggle time as we could in the evenings.  Declan did so well with all the traveling, shopping and being carted from place to place....he's such a trooper!


(First time facing forward in the Baby Bjorn, he was pretty happy about it!)
We stopped by Kyle and Bridget's on the way out of town Thursday night to visit little G-man.  Gage is too stinking cute!!! I wish we lived closer so the boys could grow up together...it's probably for the best though... i think they'd cause us all to have premature grey hair!!

Next up was Lawrence to spend Thursday night with my mom's bestie....and to do some Christmas shopping (if i spread it out, trav won't freak out as much at all the money i spend!).  As much as I hate to admit it, I really do like that town.  Travis described it best....it's a gold nugget covered in shit.    Well said hun...well said.

Friday afternoon we made our way to Wichita for the Fred Doll reunion.  And to finally be reunited with Dad! (Trav).  My sister flew in from Denver as well.... 

Lots of snuggles for Bre!

My little family

It was a fun weekend of catching up with family!! We also did a little more shopping....and of course a visit to Orange Leaf :)

As fun as all my adventure's were....I was more then ready to be home.  Sleep in my own bed.  And eat a home cooked meal!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment