I've been wanting a heart rate monitor for EVER, but could never bring myself to spend the money on it. I finally bit the bullet.....and we had our first test run this morning at the gym. O.M.G....... i heart it. It has a band, but i don't even notice it during workouts (it goes right where your sports bra lands....under the girls!). It even links up with the machine so your heart rate is correct on it (those things are always so spaze-tastic). It beeps at you if your not in your target heart range (which is customized to you from your weight/height/sex).... and tells you how many calories you've burned. Now if it would just do my workouts for me!!!
Monday: 3 miles. Ran the 3miles then jumped on the elliptical for 35 minutes. Felt great grand wonderful.
Tuesday: 4.5 miles. Noticed my ankle was feeling a little off....tight, sore....but nothing that didn't go away after a few minutes of running (BIG mistake on my part!). So i ran 4.5 miles and jumped on the elliptical for 80.
Wed: Crosstrain. 75 min. elliptical in the morning, and ran 3 miles over lunch, walked 25 minutes. Ankle still bothering me, but really only when i was walking.
Thursday: 4 miles. I didn't look at my schedule before this one, and i for some reason thought it was 3. So i ran 3.5 in the morning along with 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then i realized that i was wrong so i went back after work and tried to run the 4....wasn't happening. So elliptical for 40. Ankle hurting more and more.....but i'm retarded and KEPT trying. As soon as i was done i got off the treadmill and called my chiropractor to see if i could get in....something was NOT right.
Friday: Crosstrain. Nothing Nada. I went to see my chiropractor at 745. He said it was inflamed tendons. Common in new runners....or dumb new runners like me. He adjusted my ankle and sent me on my way to therapy. I asked him about the race saturday and he said if i felt up to it to go ahead.....since i'm sure he knew i'd do it anyways. So i iced like it was my job all day....sucked down 600mg of IBP as often as i could, and stayed off of it.
Sat: RACE DAY! 3.2 miles in 25:41 minutes! Foot felt better....ohhhhhhhh praise the lord!! ..... for about a mile. After that....not so good. It was bareable till the last 1/2 mile, but at that point i was NOT going to quit. So i finished strong and immedietly sent the hubby off for ice.
That evening it started to bother me a lot more....started to swell up. When i got up sunday i could barely walk on it. Doc on monday said it's just really inflamed.....DUH. So i'm staying off of it. And I'm going INSANE!!! It's only been two days....but i have to work out....i have to do something. So tonight i think i'll go lift....do some core work....ride a bicycle with one leg :)
1. It was a super successful weekend!! We ran our first race on Saturday and I'm happy to report that no one died!!!! Some friends of mine actually put on the event to help race money for their little cousin that has cancer. They started out hoping to raise ohhhh 5,000 or so. THEY RAISED $22,000!!!!!!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!! There were close to 300 people there....and the guy that won ran the thing in like 18 minutes. He's crazy, it's obvious :)
(I'm in the bright pink!!)
In true abby fashion, i forgot my camera so i have NO pictures from Saturday morning! So i stole this one from Pete's facebook. I hope he doesn't care! Anyways, the race went well. I felt really good for the majority of it. The last mile or so my ankle started to scream at me, but i pushed thru.....determined to finish! Trav ran right with me the whole way....i picked it up the last mile (mainly because my ankle hurt and i needed to be done ASAP) and he wasnt to happy about it, but he kept up. Then the last like 400 yrds he sprinted....Ugh. So he beat me....he finished in 25:31 and I finished in 25:41. I say it's because i was hurt....he says it's because he's better. Whatev.
2. Ankle = no good. Saturday night it started to swell up like a balloon....it was bad. So sunday morning when i woke up and it was worse, and walking was NOT happening, my husband informed me that it was all my fault and i should not have ran....again, whatev. He made me an ice bath....which HOLY COW those things SUCK!!!! I cried. Like actually tears rolling down my face.
3. We are not gamblers. Just to make sure though, trav mel and I headed to the casino saturday night.
We left a little poorer.....
4. I am SO glad we're not renting EVER again. We are having some major issues getting our deposit back from our last place in Denver. I'm over it..... Stupid landlords and their stupid outdoor lights.
5. This is the week!!! I hope to GOD this is the week anyways. (i'm talking baby stuff here). If the increase in meds and acupuncture is going to work, making my hostile ovaries release hostages.....we'll know this week. If not. Someone feel free to punch my ovaries. This is sort of our last ditch effort before going back to the specialist. We have an appointment on the 2nd, but i REALLY don't want to have to go. Fingers crossed.
6. HOLY WIND BATMAN!!! It's borderline crazy...... do they cancel work due to wind???