Friday, June 18, 2010

Me? OCD??? NO!!!!!



So I may be a little obsessed with the gym right now. It could be worse....i could be obsessed with pizza (ok maybe i am) or chocolate (dark chocolate YES!!) or strapless heart monitors (whole different post!). We've been hitting the gym super hard the past couple of weeks. And it's starting to pay off!! I'm down 8 pounds.....2 more to go before the BIL's wedding!!!! (where i shall gain it all back i am sure!!). Trav isn't liking the mucho amounts of cardio i make him do..... but i'm liking what its doin for him....YUMMMMO :)




So anyways....we're spoiled at the gym we go to.

Do you see that???? That my friends is a tv ON the elliptical....AMAZE-BALLS. Ok maybe you guys have these where you work out, but at the old gym....we did not. The treadmills even have them!!! And the bikes.....the have built in FANS!!!! So now i just ellipt my happy ass along while watching Tori and Dean....or if i'm lucky, Kate plus 8 (there's only like 10 channels to choose from, and CNN just does not do it for me!!) So you can imagine my destain on days like today where i get crazy and head to the gym over lunch.....you see, i have to go to the old gym.....the one WITHOUT the fancy stuff. UGH.....


I resort back to my old ways.....reading while ellipting (i'm just making up words here!). I used to read a book a week....i actually kind of miss that. (24 hour don't take that as a hint you can get rid of the TV's...i'll cut you!). My current read.....


For those of you not familar with Jen Lancaster..... all you need to know is that she too, like the elliptical with a TV, is AMAZE-BALLS. This lady is a hoot.... flat out stinking hilarious. I've read every single book she's ever written and i will probably read them again. I laugh...out loud....in the gym.... A LOT!!!! I want to be her friend..... maybe just put her in my pocket and carry her around....she's that cool. I follow her blog too..... maybe i'm obsessed with her too???? Anywho....i suggest you run, skip, bike, fly, crab walk to your nearest barnes and noble, library, friends book shelf and READ every last one of her books....i promise you won't be dissapointed. If you are....your not human, and no longer my friend. I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment